Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Taking time to share your time.


Taking time to share a smile and a kind hello, will gain you the time you need to accomplish what you want. As I got up this morning the first thing I did was smile. I thought about writing and sharing this time blog and it made me feel good. Even if no one reads it I have taken the time I need too. I have given away some time to maybe help bring a smile to someone. By doing that I seem to always gain some time.

I try and start each day with God. No I am not perfect at it, I said I try. I get up and think about what He has done for me and spend time in prayer. I love Psalm 118:24- This is the day the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Paul wrote much about joy and rejoicing in Philippians also. He also wrote in Phil. 2 :4 Thinking not only of ourselves but also taking time for others.

Helping people smile takes time and it is worth the investment. You may even ask, what about when someone you love has died? A marriage has broken up, or I have been sick a lot lately? Can you really find a place to smile in the face of adversity? I say yes you can. Believe it or not there are different kinds of smiles. Some from joking, some from being happy, and some from just plain feeling good.

Then there is the smile of comfort. And believe me people do know the difference. I believe that is exactly what Jesus did for the woman caught in adultery in John 8:1-12. I believe when all was said and done, when Jesus told her neither do I condemn you. That he finished that time off with a smile of comfort not a look of judgement and scorn. I believe she, though embarrassed, walked away with a smile on her face. She had been forgiven why wouldn't she?

Taking time to share a smile and a kind hello. Will gain you the time you need to accomplish what you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment