Friday, April 5, 2013

We do what we do because?


The reason I do what I do for people, is because someone did what they did for me! You will never know the difference till you try and make a difference! (II Corinthians 1:3-4) When you have genuinely received help from someone, in most cases, you cannot resist the urge to share that same help with others.

Anyone who has been set free from sin , when they feel that true freedom, that release from guilt, They cannot be held back from sharing the good news of their victory! They also cannot help but share about that one special person, God put into their lives at just the right time. That one who took the time to love them through whatever was destroying their lives!

I remember in my own life a man named Bob. He had become my sponsor in AA. This man gave his time, and efforts, in order to help me through some very low times in my life. Even after I had gotten saved I still struggled. I went to him one night feeling low and struggling with my self value. It was that night I experienced true love and compassion. True forgiveness, something I was still struggling with.

That night after sharing how low and terrible I was, Bob, who was about 6'5" looked down at me. With tears in his eyes, he wrapped his arms around me, picked me up, and looked me right in the eyes and said, I love you. It was at that point, at that very point in my life, I understood the love of my Savior Jesus Christ! From that time on I have not stopped hugging and telling people I love them.

People out there need to feel the love of our Savior. They need to see the love of the Savior, by a willingness from us to share that love because we are grateful. Because we have been set free from the guilt of sin, that controlled us. A hopelessness that had been turned back to hope because someone took the time to love us as they were loved! No matter what your situation or what you have done, Jesus died for you.

Jesus, is waiting with His outstretched arms, to pick you up, and look you in the eyes and say, I love you! It is for you I died! It is for you, that Jesus sent someone into your life to represent Him, at just the right time, at just the right moment. To let you know you are special and have value and you were so worth the sacrifice of  His love. That is why we do what we do for people because someone did what they did for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment