Monday, April 15, 2013

I don't write to agree!


I don't write so people will always agree with me! I write because I care about people and I want nothing but the best for them! (I Timothy 2:1-4) As a Pastor you have to care. Care enough, to be completely honest with folks. Sometimes that does not go down well at all. Especially, if you do not agree with their philosophy of life.

But, we as Pastors' preach and teach the Bible, which we believe by faith it is the word of God. A book that has the words of change, healing, and deliverance. A book of transformation, in which we have been transformed by faith. We are what we are to the world because of our faith, not because we agree or disagree! And faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God! (Romans 10:17)

As a Pastor, I had the opportunity to go to a motorcycle event that a former Employer had put on. Full Throttle weekend was the title of the event. You always hope that when the time comes to leave a place of employment you leave a little something behind that people will remember you by. Not you necessarily, but who you represent, in this case Jesus! 

You hope that your character and integrity had been the best Christian example it could be. By the reception I had gotten, I was humbly overwhelmed! Every person that I approached hugged me and welcomed me. I was greatly missed by employees as well as customers. It felt wonderful. Yet my hope was, they had seen in me, who I most wanted them too, Jesus!

Without His transforming in my life, I would not be who they all had come to trust and respect. Jesus was never hidden from my life. I had always remembered people saying, once you use the word Christian, you immediately are put under the microscope. And I had been, but much to my surprise it was a positive reception.

Not always agreeing paid off with most of these folks. Standing fast on my faith and living what I believe is what impacted them. A dear friend, who is Jewish, told me how she read the blogs I had been posting. Though she did not always agree, she was getting something from them. She said 90% of the time she got a life example she could chew on. She does not accept Jesus as Messiah and Savior yet but I have faith.

Another dear friend, the executive assistant for the company has started introducing me as her Pastor. In the beginning, she would talk to me about aliens and such. Even at one point, she said she was going to convert me. I had shared with her, for the past 30 years or so, Jesus had not let me down, and I was going to stick with that. It made an impact in her life. I did not agree with her, but she felt the caring and sincerity of my statement.

So, as Christians, we need to be more concerned about who we represent, than whether we agree or disagree about the ongoing issues of life. People need to see Jesus. The one who truly cares for them, coming out of our lives. When they see we genuinely care, and we are living what we believe by faith, they will be attracted to the life we say we live! We need to catch them and let God do the cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment