Wednesday, March 6, 2013

When all else fails call someone!


When all else fails, never be to proud to call someone and talk a bit! You never know you may just get the answer you need. Proverbs 11:14-Where there is no counsel, the people fall; but in the multitude of counselors there is safety. I have always been told, that the only dumb question is the one not asked! We learn when we reach out.

Asking for someones guidance tells you two things. 1-you are showing wisdom. 2-you are not alone.
It is always more comforting to find out that you have someone to lean on a bit. You have someone who cares to take a little time for you, that you are important to them. In return, helps take away feelings of doubt and insecurity.

When all else fails, when we have exhausted all we have in ourselves. We tend to give up or give into our feeling and our emotions. This is not always the best decision making place to be. For myself this was most always a dangerous place to be. I would, and could convince myself that I was deserving of anything I wanted to do or even buy! Beep, wrong answer!!

I was especially weak in the area of finances. I worked hard for that money so why couldn't I spend it on what I wanted? Well that would be alright if I had it to spend. In most cases, in those past days I did not. And the result was financial disaster. I had learned the hard way that it was better to go without than to be in debt!

That is, of course only one example. Yet it is one that people struggle with. I had learned that I did not have to be embarrassed. I was not the only one in the world who had little money to work with. How do we learn this? We seek counsel from someone we trust, someone we can confide in. You will be amazed that as you share your situation with that person, you may find they have gone through the same thing.

Humility, whether in fiances, marriage, and relationships is the key to get right answers. Everyone at one time or another needs someone to talk too. They need guidance to point them in the right direction. This is not a bad thing quite the contrary, it is in fact a very wise decision to make. Proverbs 3:13 says- Blessed is the one who finds wisdom, and the one who gets understanding. 

 So when all else fails, never be to proud to call someone and talk a bit! You never know you may just get the answer you need. Proverbs 11:14-Where there is no counsel, the people fall; but in the multitude of counselors there is safety. I have always been told, that the only dumb question is the one not asked! We learn when we reach out!

No comments:

Post a Comment