Friday, March 1, 2013

A mirror reflection of God!


If you look for the acceptance of others before you accept yourself, you are missing the point! If you like what you see in the mirror, half the battle is over. If not, look again! I love reading the Bible passage that reminds me that I have been made in the image of God. Genesis 1:27-So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

When I take time to stop and reflect who I was made in the image of, it makes a difference how I see myself. I feel special that a loving God would take that time for me. So for me I feel like I need to take a good look at what I see each day. Do I see a reflection of God? Or do I walk away thinking and feeling I need the world's acceptance to make me feel special. 

If I need people to say, they like me when I know that is not possible, that is not fair to myself, or to them. That is why the mirror reflection is important. Knowing that I was created in God's image sure makes a difference to my day. And helps me and encourages me to reflect Him to others. That reflection is far different than what the world views reflection. The world says, in most cases, that God made you who are and you are alright.

Well that is not exactly true. We have been created in His image but we were not created to just live a life contrary to His word. Sin makes us unacceptable especially to ourselves. Sin brings out an ugliness or sides of us we do not like or care to look at. That is why we get caught up in what people think or how we feel about ourselves at the start of each day. 

To reflect God is to reflect change, a change that can only come with an intimate relationship with our creator. That is why we were created in the first place to have a relationship and to fellowship with God. But sin caused a separation and the reflection became dim. So that all we see is defeat, discouragement, self doubt, etc. But God wants to change all that in our lives He wants to reestablish that relationship so His reflection will once again shine fourth.   

Jesus came so that we could again love who we are, because we know who we were created to be like. Jesus came to give us the way back from sin. A way that would lead us back to the Father. A way that would set us free from sin and restore us, that we again would become a mirror reflection of God. If you look for the acceptance of others before you accept yourself, you are missing the point! If you like what you see in the mirror, half the battle is over. If not, look again!

Jesus said in John 8:31-32, 47- If you abide in My word, you are my disciples indeed. 32-And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. 47- He who is of God hears God's words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God. Where are you now? If you do not see the reflection in the mirror that says, hey and sends you off in the dimness of defeat. Then turn to Jesus and see the reflection of who He created you to be, a mirror image of Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment