Thursday, August 1, 2013

You never know until!

You never know what you can do without, until you are without. You would be amazed! Philippians 4:11-12
When you lose something that has been an important part of your life, such as a car, phone, etc.. I just use those illustrations because we are so attached to those items. You will be amazed at how your instincts to get somewhere, talk to someone, basically get things done, will kick in!

My wife has a secular job in which she needs transportation. We had our only car, yes I said only car, in the shop for repairs with the expectation of getting it back the next day. Well as it would happen, that did not happen! Though we did not have the car, and it threw our routine out of whack, we got things done! We had to ask, and borrow, and that is hard, but we did.

Sometime we need to go without to appreciate what we have, and think about how our lives are wrapped around convenience. We never think about how good we have it until we have to go without it. And, if we think about it we have the capabilities to survive. Car or no car, phone or no phone, God gives us a built in survival mode.

We come to realize we are not as inconvenienced as we think we are. Our thinking and planning modes change, we get it done. If we cannot we need to take a look at what is important in our lives, recheck our priorities! Now I know I am talking only about a car or a phone, but think about how attached we are to just those two things!

The Apostle Paul wrote: In Philippians 4:11-13-"Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: I know how to be abased, I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. "

One thing you always want to remember though, when you go to pick up that car you have so desperately needed. Remember to take along the extra key, they may not be there, and the door will certainly be locked. That is another story for another time!! ha ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment