Friday, August 30, 2013

The trouble is?

Everyone has a problem person in their life, the problem is, most times it's us? Matthew 7:3-4
If we think about that some, we may or may not agree, it depends on where you are with you right now. I have heard it said by many counselors, usually the problem we may have with someone else. Or the thing that aggravates us about someone, is the one thing in us that we do not deal with.

Some examples of this could be in how we drive. Boy can we complain about other drivers! I do personally, somehow, in my mind I am one of the best drivers on the rode. Wrong! I have done some of the same things, change lanes without blinkers on, rush ahead just to turn right away. Be to far over and cross lanes quickly to get to the exit I want.

Anything in just that example spark any memories? I am sure some reading this will say, not me! Well, pay closer attention to yourself for the next few weeks, you may just see. Or have you been shopping and had someone bump you rudely, and they never say excuse me, or pardon me? Yet, have we not at times been in a hurry to get something, and not paying attention bumped someone and moved on?

Pay closer attention over the next few weeks and see if this may not be you. Now I am not saying this happens all the time, but it does happen at one time or another. We need to think about those things. About others that upset us, and even maybe make us angry. Are we, or have we done the very same things to others?

In Matthew 7:3-4, Jesus speaking, "Why do you see the speck that is in your brothers eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when there is the log in your own eye?"

Sometimes the problem lies within us, we can be just as aggravating as anyone. I know, most of you out there will say, not me! But, if you will just watch you a little more closely, you may just be surprised at what you allow yourself to get away with. Compared to what you allow others to! 

No comments:

Post a Comment