Monday, August 19, 2013

God's best is now!

If you think ahead to far, you will be out of touch with right now, enjoy the moment! Proverbs 27:1
I have used this verse before, but I have heard, it is by repetition that we learn. We all need to be reminded to slow down a bit and get a grip on the present which is hard enough. When we set our sights only on the future we are missing God's best for right now! 

Other verses talk about stress and worry consuming us. When we choose to look farther ahead than we ought, we still need to be reminded, what we have is only now, today, and it is a gift. We cannot not see God's best for today if we are looking for it in our tomorrows we do not have. Now, today is what we have been given.

This also goes for those of us who hang on to hard too the past. What is done, is done, learn from it and move on. But never move past today, that is what you have been given. That is what you have been guaranteed, now! I have not seen warnings about the past, except learn from it. The hall of Faith in Hebrews 11, teaches us that. But we do have warnings about living for tomorrows we do not have.

Matthew 6:34-"Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious about itself. Sufficient for the day is it's own trouble."

We have enough to deal with right now, why add to it? If we could just slow down, be still and know He is God and exalt Him for what He has given us right now. How much further ahead we would be in our relationship with Him. The parable of the rich fool is a good example of how not to live. A warning, we are not guaranteed tomorrows!

Luke 12:16-20,"And He(Jesus) told them a parable, saying, "The land of a rich man produced plentifully, and he thought to himself, 'What shall I do, for I have no where to store my crops?' And he said, 'I will do this: I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store all my grains and my goods. And I will say to my soul, "Soul, you have ample things laid up for many years; relax, eat, drink, and be merry." But God said to him, Fool! This night your soul is required of you, and the things you have prepared, whose will they be?' So is the one who lays up treasure for himself and is not rich toward God."

Something to think about when we try to plan our lives, and look to far ahead. It is so important to live with, and for what you have, right now! So slow down, gather your thoughts, and think on the gift of today. For you may not have a tomorrow! God's best is right now, today, this very moment!   

No comments:

Post a Comment