Wednesday, June 4, 2014

To understand, turn the pages!

Looking at the cover of the Bible and saying I don't understand it so I don't bother opening it, is like looking at the front door and saying I am not opening it because I don't understand the world! If we learned to take things a little slower, stopped talking ourselves out of things and take a shot, oh what treasures we could gain!! The Bible is the book of life, and life is our book to the world.

We have to spend time in both, we have to turn the pages to learn! As the saying goes never judge a book by it's cover, as you may miss so much from it's pages! Start in the book of John and read a chapter a day, go slow take it in, and see what a wonderful relationship God wants to have with you, and how intimate a relationship that will be!

I don't care how long you have been saved, or if you have just been, or do not have a relationship with God! This Gospel will take you into a deep walk with Jesus as He touches lives in such a personal and intimate way! Just a chapter a day could make such a wonderful difference in where you are in your life. But you have to be willing to open the book, and allow God to open the book of your life also.

I think that frightens people more than anything, the thought of opening the book of your life. But the Bible tells us nothing is hidden from God anyway, so why not just come clean and get set free?

Luke 12:2-3 (NKJV)
2 For there is nothing covered that will not be revealed, nor hidden that will not be known. 3 Therefore whatever you have spoken in the dark will be heard in the light, and what you have spoken in the ear in inner rooms will be proclaimed on the housetops.
Jesus just wants you to come to Him and He will do the rest.

Matthew 11:28-30 (NKJV)
28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

I read other books also and learn a great deal, yet what I have found is, those authors are getting their ideas from the same place I can get mine. In God's word! They are writing from their hearts what God has given them from His word, (The Bible). Max Lucado, Chuck Swindoll, Charles Stanley, etc... They all have great books, but their main source is God's word!

I put their names in this writing so you would have a idea of some books to search out, but never leave the Bible out of your reading source! To understand any book and it's writings, you have to turn the pages!

No comments:

Post a Comment