Wednesday, June 11, 2014

A calling from God, is a hungering for God!

God lead me through much before fulfilling my call to Pastor, but I had to be willing to do much. I needed to grow and learn to answer that call! I found the journey to be so fulfilling. I was a youth leader, a college and career leader, a youth Pastor, a counselor, oh yes I did preach once in a great while!

I never said no to anything I was asked to do in the church! You know it's a calling when you hunger to do more!! Plus God provided me with a full time secular job also because those positions were unpaid! I was and am so blessed to have the privilege  to do what I do, God certainly could have done something else for my life!

When your called, your called but it is still on God's time table! I have been humbled, and God has provided me a wonderful fellowship to shepherd, and a leadership to guide a little differently than I was! It is never my way that is the way, it has to be God's way always! It took a lot of years to get me to a place God wanted me to be, yes, because I got in the way many times and it was costly!

But by His grace alone I have been given to opportunity of a life time, to serve and come along side those who hunger the same as I, for more Jesus! You know your called when your hunger to learn is never satisfied! I desired to so be the example Paul taught Timothy to be.

I Timothy 4:12 Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity.

 I so have to remember that they see the Jesus in me, and train others to hunger for the same!

2 Timothy 2:1-2 You therefore my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. 2-And the things that you have heard from me among many witnesses, commit these to faithful men who are able to teach also.

I followed the example of others who followed Jesus. So I can do no less than be that example to others, in hopes to have the same success as I Pastor!

No comments:

Post a Comment