Monday, December 9, 2013

Wisdom comes to mind!

Wisdom comes to mind after yesterday's snow fiasco. People did not use much wisdom and concern for others on the road, thinking only of themselves and them getting home. Causing only chaos and many unnecessary delays for others, I take this as a lesson and understanding of God's word and the need for true wisdom and being considerate to others.

 I am not perfect, and there was a time I would have been irate and losing my mind with people acting so badly. Yet all Karen and I could do yesterday, as we were stranded on I 495 in Wilmington Delaware for an hour or so, was pray for the safety of others. I was wondering as I prayed, is it really that hard to slow down and be wise and considerate.

 Have we become a people who just plain do not care for our own safety and the safety of those around us? Is it just bad weather that does this to people, or does it just take bad weather for people's true colors to come out? I wonder how many were Christians out there, not happy because they were inconvenienced. 

How many were in just a big hurry as everyone, not being considerate, only thinking of themselves? I feel, we need to think about this as we move forward during the Christmas season, and the time we have here on this earth. What is more important, that we got home on time, or did they see Jesus in my life by my actions? 

Many, or none will read this yet if you do; do not think that your actions yesterday or any day for that fact go unseen or unnoticed. Our Lord sees always. And you never know who did see you and may even recognize you when they visit your church, or see you at a Christian event! 

They may even see you at a secular event, no matter, never feel you have not been seen when your wisdom goes on vacation! Remember if you made it home you gave a sigh of relief. But if your lack of wisdom, and concern for others caused them to be delayed, or even hurt or damaged their car. 

You need to, right now, stop and evaluate your relationship with the Father, and get back on the track, and maybe even try and contact that person and ask for forgiveness! What a testimony of wisdom that would be, and the Father would get the glory!

Proverbs 1:7 
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge,
But fools despise wisdom and instruction.


Romans 12:3 For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned.

No comments:

Post a Comment