Monday, December 16, 2013

What would they say if they could?

If we could ask those who have passed on before us, how we should live our lives, I would think 99% of them would tell us, please don't miss me, be alive, because you are. Don't take you life to the grave, it was my time and not yours, live! Don't give up on life because I am not there, live! If all I have left you in your memories is loss and sorrow I have failed you, live!

I would hope my life on earth was happy, and you would remember my smile,  live! I would want you to remember, how I enjoyed this time of year and always made it special, live! My not being there in body does not mean I am not there in memory, live! Laughing should not stop, building on the memories I have left should remain, live!

Our memories should not be wrapped around how we have lost our loved ones, but what we have gained from their memories to carry on and live! We are alive, we need to live like we are. We have been given a gift and that is life, what we do with it now will make a difference when we are gone. How would you like to be remembered, as a person who brightened up a room, or one who walked in  brought the house down with your sorrows?

Mary and Martha did just that when they had lost their brother Lazarus. When Jesus finally arrived on the scene after their brother had passed, they were sorrowful because they only looked at it as loss. Jesus reminded them that death is not the end, life does not end at the grave, it begins! He reminded them that they need to live because of their relationship with Him.

Because in Jesus is life everlasting. Jesus reminded them that their brother was fine and he would rise again. He helped them understand, that knowing Him is what makes the difference if you live or die to life! Jesus said "I Am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in Me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this? John 11:25-27

What would their brother Lazarus have said if he had the chance after he had passed? He would have told his sisters to live. Remember my life when I was with you, we laughed, joked, and had Jesus as our friend, if you do anything keep my memories alive, just live!

No comments:

Post a Comment