Friday, September 27, 2013

Surrendered or needing too?

When you say to God, Thy will be done and not mine, what are you really saying? Matthew 26:39, 42

As Jesus was facing the cross, He was facing it with much anguish. Even knowing that was why He came, He was just showing His humanity! He portrayed a son going to have a discussion of the upcoming event, an event that would take His life! Who better to spend this time of decision with, than the Father? To share His heart and His feelings, yet knowing what the answer would be.

Jesus said, "O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will."
Again Jesus said, "O My Father, if this cup cannot pass away from me unless I drink it, Your will be done."

Twice Jesus said, no matter what Father Your will be done. When we come before the Father with our trials and tribulations, what do we truly mean when we say those words? Are we really giving all to the Father, knowing the answer already? Or are we just saying words because we still want to be in control? When we say Your will be done, are we saying? As long as it goes with what I want to do Father all will be fine?

Well that is not what Jesus was saying at all, what He said in essence was, I know what I am feeling Dad, but I know this is what You sent me for! I, as well as many Christians out their use the term Thy will be done, but do we really mean it? Are we willing to trust the Father? Are we truly trusting in His plan for us? We cannot use those words lightly and expect major results, if we are not completely surrendered!

When Jesus used the words, Your will be done, He was saying, Father I completely surrender! I am in no way turning back, I want to do it Your way because I know You are in control. When we can come to this point, not just saying words, but believing with our whole heart, without doubting. We have become truly surrendered. If we say the words and do not mean them, we are telling God we have a trust issue!

If you are struggling today, right now, or have been for a time. We need to ask ourselves, is this truly Gods will for me, or have I gotten in the way again? Can we come to the place in our walk with Him, that we can just say by faith, "not as I will, but as You will." Leave it at that and move on? It is only then, that we will feel the freedom of surrender overwhelm us, and the feeling finely, of His peace to sustain us!

Pray this prayer, Father I come before You humbled, I come before You confessing I have done it long enough by my will. Father forgive me for getting in the way, help me to be grateful for all I go through for it is a lesson of life refined by fire. And when I emerge from the flames I will be right where You wanted me all along, and feel the peace of being in Your will! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment