Monday, April 14, 2014

What believers miss!

What believers miss when they think they have been there, done that, or heard that already, don't realize what they are really saying is, God you cannot teach me anymore! When I read over the same thing that I have read, and I do try very hard to read through the Bible once a year, plus my normal studies, I learn and find treasures, that I always seem to miss on previous readings.

I say thank you God that I am still teachable! Believer, never get to a point that bible study is boring, and thinking you have arrived. You will find humbling is just around the corner! You can never know it all. Never hear it all! When you feel you have, you stop learning. You get stunted in your growth, and you find less joy and victory in your life!

Oh you may act victorious, but the truth is in how you speak, respond and get involved! Believe me, been there and have done that! I memorized tons of scripture. Knew a lot, of what most all the books of the Bible had to say. I could point you in most any direction in the word, or subject! It sure impressed people, but God was not impressed!

I used that knowledge for the wrong reasons, to impress pump up my ego! Well God took care of that through a humbling experience in my life. I find now scripture does not come as easy, I have to work harder! Memorizing also has become harder. And all the scripture I had memorized seems to have gone! You see I believe that if you have a gift, and you abuse that gift, God may just take it back!

2 Timothy 2:15,  Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. (NKJV)

I don't have the exact Bible for that, I feel it comes when God has to lovingly take you down a peg or two, a humbling! You can never hear, know, or find all the treasure in the word God has for you. Don't settle for I have arrived. I have heard all that! Ask God to quicken your spirit again. Teach you excite you, and show you, the treasures He has hidden for you in His word!

James 4:6,  But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.”

Don't be a believer who misses everything because you think you know, have heard and done it all already! If you are then you are not alive. You cannot know what God has if you know more than Him! Ask God to change that thinking to stir your spirit and to wake you up from the spiritual sleep you are in, and live again!

No comments:

Post a Comment