Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Free or Freely Confined?

I have learned to appreciate being as confined as I am. I have drawn closer to the Lord. Yes, it is hard sometimes not to be as free as I would like, but when I watch those who have freedom, and hear them complain how much they don't have, I just smile and thank God for the lesson of gratitude I am being taught!

If you are free to come and go as you please, and cannot find the time to do the things you should be doing, then you are more confined than I! It always amazes me the complaining I hear about no time, except when it's the things we enjoy! Lose that time, and see how you will not come to appreciate time so much more! What we do with our freedoms also tells God what we will, and will not do for Him.

His work can be confining, yet rewarding. Boring, yet exciting. Tedious, yet fulfilling! Still, we always have an excuse not to serve Him! We find all the reasons we cannot serve in the capacity God would like. Why? Because it is not as fun as we think. It's too much Bible. It's to structured! We have time to make all these excuses!

So what are we telling God about what we have, and do not have regarding freedom? Jesus told us to make disciples. Are we, or do we leave it to someone else because it's something that just isn't our cup of tea? Our free will, could just be our costly confinement! You see, God gives us every opportunity to serve Him or ourselves! How about you?

What is your freedom doing for you? Free or just freely confined?
Jesus said, in John 8:32 "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment