Thursday, October 10, 2013

Too smart maybe?

Never be so smart that you feel you don't need what others, with less knowledge need! If we are truly wanting to learn, we can learn at any level, even when we think we have heard it before! If you have knowledge it is your responsibility to use it to disciple others in the word of God! Matthew 28:19-20. Never, never, think you have arrived! I think there are too many Christians out there that feel they have the know it all syndrome!!

We cannot disciple and train if we are too smart to do so. if we will not come along side those who need to learn we are wasting knowledge! Knowledge shared is knowledge gained, knowledge kept, is knowledge lost! Sometimes we have to do the uncomfortable, step out of ourselves and do the remedial! Guess what? We have what we have because someone took the time to use their knowledge and pass it down to us.

Why do we think we should not do the same? The answer, selfishness and laziness!  Sometimes we are to smart for our own good, sometimes we need to take a step back and remember what Paul said, "For though I am free from all, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win more of them." I Cor. 9:19. Are we better than anyone, are we missing opportunities because we are outsmarting ourselves?

Are we servant to everyone to win more to Jesus? The reason we do not have a stronger church, more soldiers for Jesus, we are not training them! We make more excuses why we cannot do something, than stepping up and giving back what others gave to us! I have seen, even with myself, people giving me the credit for what I do. I try and remind them if it were not Christ, I would not be who I am!

Galatians 2:20, "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. NIV

Now I understand, we can exhort and build up, but we can also get too much of that! If people are not proclaiming what Jesus is doing in and through us also, it can also be a dangerous place to be! We never want to get so much of the credit we forget where, and from \our knowledge comes! People today need to see more Jesus and less us!

Jesus said, "I am the vine; and you are the branches. Whoever abides in Me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing." John 15:5 ESV

Maybe we are too smart for our own good, if we are too smart for the good of others!

No comments:

Post a Comment