Tuesday, February 11, 2014

A wonderful son, probably not.

You know something? People are always telling me what a wonderful son I am to care for my mom. Well without a wonderful God and being blessed with a wonderful wife who loves my mom as much, I would probably fall a little short of wonderful! Though I would care for her anyway, it sure makes it a double blessing to have the relationships I do! 

We have a support system from our church family, our children, our neighbors, my wife's family jumps in when we need them. To be wonderful, whatever that truly means, you have to have some amazing people in your life also. And an amazing God who transformed my life for just moment as this! Wonderful no, a son always! The scripture tells us we are supposed to take care of family. 

1 Timothy 5:8, "But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever." 

So you see I am not trying to be wonderful here, just faithful, not anything special, just a son who wants his mother to have the best care! Just a son and a believer who wants to be an encouragement to anyone going through the same as my wife and I. I know there are different circumstances in life, and not all situations are the same, but family is family and they still deserve the best we have to offer.

I am always reminded of what Jesus did for me at Calvary, He gave his very best for my very worst! He gave His life so I could live! He took my place so I would have the place I do now! He restored my life, healed my marriage, set me free so I could serve. So I do, with His help, the help of my precious wife Karen, and so many other wonderful people He has put in our lives. 

So when people around me call me wonderful I have to tell them, probably not, I am just doing what I am supposed to do. Wonderful? No just being a son!

No comments:

Post a Comment